Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Relate Theater to Your Major

Busniess Major

     We learned in class that as kids, we role play the things that we expect to assume later on in life. Well, when i was little i always role played. And i specifically remember having a kitchen set in the den of my house where i would pretend to make my friends baked goods and sell the imaginary product to them for imaginary cash. I would also make lemonade and fruit punch stands every chance i would get when it was nice out so that i could go and buy myself a candy bar at the local gas station. I always loved to act as if i owned my own business, which is ironic now because i am a business major.
     What i am planning to do with my life is ultimately open up my own cupcake shop. It may sound a little weird, but its what i see myself doing and i know i would absolutely love every second of it. Making things for other people and then selling them in my own store would be my dream job because i am making others happy while they are making me happy at the same time. I would be the producer of my own company in a way.
     A producer is the person who is ultimately the one responsible for overseeing all aspects of a theater production. The producer is the organizer and the finder of the script and starts the whole process. This is what i would be doing, I would be the person overseeing all aspects of my company, and i would organize it and put it all together so that it would become a successful business.
     Not only does the producer of a play relate to my major, but also the set designer and the costume designer. The set designer is the one who develops the appearance of a set design. In my case, i would be completely modeling my business from the inside out. I would pick out the colors of the walls, what kind of tiles go on the floor, etc. All of the things that a set designer would do to create a scene of a play, i would do to create the image of my store. Also, the costume designer who is the person that designs the physical appearance of the characters in a theater performance. This would involve picking out the clothing for the actors and actresses to wear. In my case, i get to choose what uniform the employees must wear to work everyday. There would be a dress code as to how their hair must be worn, if they had any piercings, and  how their makeup would look (if they wore makeup). Everything would look professional and clean, and that would be the image of my store.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment